Canadian photo retailers can expect to see stock of the D2H at the beginning of next month, says Nikon Canada President Peter Burke. In a statement we received this morning, Burke indicates that "Nikon Canada [is looking] forward to launching the D2H camera in late November with availability through Authorized Nikon Professional Digital Dealers in early December."
The release of other Nikon pro products tracks closely with their expected availability in the US:
- Speedlight SB-800. Late November 2003.
- WT-1 Wireless Transmitter. Available at the same time the D2H ships.
- AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED. Mid-December 2003.
- AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED. Nikon Canada has not set a release date (Nikon USA, however, has announced this lens will ship in March 2004).
- AF DX Fisheye Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED. Already available.
- Nikon Capture 4.0. Available at the same time the D2H ships.
In addition, the new Coolscan V and Coolscan 5000 are poised to ship, says Burke. Look for the recently-announced film scanners at dealers starting November 17, 2003. The Coolscan 9000 is slated for release in the spring of 2004.
Note: We're aware of reports on the Web that the D2H is already shipping in Canada, well ahead of the early December release timeframe stated above. All we can offer in response is that this article is an accurate reflection of Nikon Canada's official position on D2H availability as of this writing.