Canon has recently released a slew of updates for the imagePROGRAF iPF5000 printer, ones that reportedly improve print quality, fix some bugs and beef up the list of supported papers.
Available from Canon USA's support site in all-in-one packages for Windows and Mac, the updates include:
- Firmware v1.23 for the printer itself (Windows and Mac)
- Photoshop Print Plug-In v2.03 (Windows and Mac)
- Media Configuration Tool v2.41 (Windows and Mac)
- Printer Driver v3.41 (Windows) / Printer Driver v3.50 (Mac)
- Printer Driver Extra Kit v1.4 (Windows) / Printer Driver Extra Kit v1.2 (Mac)
- GARO Status Monitor v2.80 (Windows)
The packages containing these updates for each computing platform are available on the Canon USA imagePROGRAF iPF5000 Download Library
page. Windows users, scan the page for a 135MB download called Windows Software Update Tool
; Mac users, look for a 167MB download called Mac Software Update Tool
. The various installers within each Canon USA download appear to be multi-language versions, which suggest the new firmware and software should work with iPF5000s purchased in markets outside of the USA as well.
We learned of these updates on the The Unofficial Canon IPF5000 Printer Wiki
, a website started late last year by iPF5000 owner John Hollenberg that has quickly become a valuable repository of information on the use of Canon's newest 17 inch photo printer. A list of what site participants believe to be changed by these updates is here