iView MediaPro 3.1 for Windows and Mac is now out of beta and has been officially released. The new version of the popular image management software runs natively on Macs with Intel processors and includes a Notepad tool for adding and sharing comments about cataloged items.
A press release highlights other additions in v3.1:
- Increased maximum number of images on-screen in the Light Table to six.
- Enhanced slide show support for more than 32,000 items.
- Import/export of color label metadata in XML files.
- Toolbar text searches are now asynchronous - search results are displayed as they are found.
- Improved overall performance on both Macintosh and Windows systems.
A version history page has more detailed information about what's new. MediaPro 3.1 is a free update for registered users of any v3.x release. The free Catalog Reader 3.1 has also been released today.