iView MediaPro 1.5 for Mac OS 8.6-OS X extends its ability to catalog RAW format photos, adding the CRW format of the Canon EOS D60, and the DCR format of Kodak's current DCS models, to an already long list of supported cameras.
The US$65 image cataloger will also import and catalog photos directly from mounted camera storage media or a compatible USB/FireWire-connected camera, much like Apple's own iPhoto. In testing here, I had no problems importing D60 JPEGs from Microtech Zio and Lexar FireWire CompactFlash card readers, as well as Nikon D1X JPEGs and NEFs from a FireWire-connected D1X.
Import from Camera dialog in MediaPro 1.5
Support for the cataloging of Kodak DCR files is present in OS 9 only, owing to the absence of an OS X-compatible version of Kodak's Software Development Kit (SDK) for these cameras.
The release notes for v1.5 describes other changes:
• HTML Gallery: Added '.php' export file type and improved HTML index generation to allow nested tables in index pages.
• Corrected issue with corrupt annotations imported from Canon JPEG
• Fixed rare issue when overwriting calibrated images.
• Improved support for importing files based on filename extensions.
• Improved font rendering on OS X.
• Improved handling of badly encoded JPEG images.
The US$65 iView MediaPro 1.5 is a free update for licensed users of previous MediaPro releases. A fully-functioning trial version is also available.